Diabetes can be a pretty serious condition if not checked early enough. This is why it is very
important to know the signs and symptoms.
You must however first know how this condition comes about. Diabetes
is caused due to an
increase in the amount of glucose present in your body. This causes a lack of glucose in the cells.
Some of the signs and symptoms of diabetes include;
- sudden weight loss
- frequent urination
- increased thirst
- blurry vision
These are the signs you should look at when you think that you have the condition. The frequent urination is usually caused by the fact that your kidneys are filled excessive amounts of glucose which the kidney is constantly trying to get rid off by diluting with water. The thirst is caused by the constant usage of water in your body by the kidney.
- Blood pressure. Systolic should be less than 130 mmHg, and diastolic should be less than 85 mmHg.
- Abdominal obesity. Measurement should be less than 40 inches for men; less than 35 inches for women.
- Fasting glucose. This should be less than 100 mg/dl.
- High-density lipoprotein cholesterol (HDL). This should be less than 40 mg/dl in men, and less than 50mg/dl in women.
- Triglycerides. These should be less than 150 mg/dl.
This disease is usually not that dangerous but if not looked into early enough it can lead to further
complications such as kidney and heart problems. Getting treatment early enough is the best
thing to do in the case where you suspect you or someone you know has the disease. Always
seek advice from a doctor before you do anything else.